Monday, May 11, 2015

Reflection

Reflecting back on this year in 20 time, I can say that I've really come a far way.  Kicking the year off, I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I was really stressing myself out over what I wanted to commit my year to.  Personally, I am a very quick thinking person; I don't like to dwell on something too long, or else I get bored.  This was my main problem during my year in my guitar playing: I love the instrument and I love to play, but too much of a good thing, isn't good.  After a few months, the whole 20 time progression stopped being fun, and started to become a burden.  I started to not want to keep playing guitar, and my project took a turn for the worse.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying i don't like guitar, I still love playing, but I just couldn't commit to it with all the other things in my life going on.  I tried to keep playing, and I tried to pace myself as well, I just couldn't find the time or the desire to both at one time, I either had time with no desire, or i wanted to play but had no time.  If I were to do this again, I would take an entirely different take at it, and I probably wouldn't even take the same project.  Maybe now that the 20 time project is over, the stress to play will be gone, & my desire to keep playing will return.  Only time will tell. Until then, TEDx talk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment