Monday, March 9, 2015

Back to the Basics

These past few weeks, I've noticed that I haven't been having much fun with my instrument.  I've had a lot of work, and thinking about guitar just makes me even more stressed.  Don't get me wrong, I still love playing guitar, and I'm going to continue playing for sure, it's just been tough as of late.  To make up for this problem, I've taken a break from music theory, scale, note makes and all the like, and I've just continued having fun looking up songs I know and listen to, and play them down.  Sometimes, all it takes is just jumping back to the basics for me to really get back into it.  This week's song that I've been working on is "For whom the Bell Tolls" by Metallica.  I've always loved this song, and it's one of the classic Metallica songs that got them off their feet for one of the most successful bands in metal.  Just like these past few days, I'm going to continue working on new songs until I can get my feet wet again, and then going from there.  It's just a matter of picking up where I left off before break.

1 comment: