Sunday, February 22, 2015

Slow week again

This week has honestly been very hard to motivate myself to pick up my guitar (most likely because break has me wanting to just be lazy and lie in bed all week).  It's not like I didn't get any work done at all, it's just mostly been mental.  Instead of playing, I've been constantly working on developing relative pitch towards the 12 notes up the chromatic scale.  It may sound easy, memorizing 12 notes can't be that hard, right? Harder than you think, trust me.  On top of that, I finished my road map of the guitar, and was really able to notice the patterns with notes up different strings.  So far, Im able to identify all the A notes on my instrument, which I can then build off to notice different notes that are a few steps up or down from that initial A.  Though I haven't been working on anything solid, I have been messing around with some odd techniques on my instrument, including different ways to bend notes with the whammy bar (which is ridiculously fun, by the way). Now that I'm actually going back to school, and I'll be able to get into the routine of working again, I'm sure I'll pick up the guitar and continue to jam out like I always do, it's just a matter of getting back into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment