Friday, November 21, 2014

Week three: Started Playing!

The playing has started!  I've had some down time this week, along with last weekend, and I was able to find the Guitar method books in my basement, and put some time on my instrument.  It was slow at first, mostly because the change from bass cleft (cello) to treble cleft, meaning that I have to memorize brand new notes.  Once I started to get off my feet, however, I continued tearing through the book.  It isn't like I've never played a guitar in my life, I actually took lessons  for about a year, so the things that I'm beginning to go through now is mostly just reviewing and picking up what I forgot over the years.  It'll take time, for sure, but I can definitely persist towards it.  Also, with the amount of free time that I've had, I was able to look up a guitar tutorial of one of my favorite songs, This Means War, by Avenged Sevenfold, on YouTube, and start playing along with the songs that I listen to every day (mostly metal).   Nothing serious, but it helps me work on the basics, and jamming out on a hardcore guitar riff is always a good time.  This coming up week we're on break, so I'd imagine I'll have plenty of time to keep practicing and working on finishing book 1, but I can't promise anything.  I'll probably keep screwing around on YouTube, too, and try to find out if there are any other songs I can jam out to.  Cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment